Give a try to this quick and tasteful lazy weeknight lasagna recipe. Your taste buds won't be disappointed by those cheesy layers.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 4 cups (1 L) pasta sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (500 mL) Sealtest Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (125 mL) water
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Cook meat in large frying pan until no longer pink. Add pasta sauce and basil. Heat through.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Lasagna can be prepared the day before. Decrease the water to ½ cup (125 mL). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Vegetables such as mushrooms, onions and peppers can be cooked with the beef and added to the sauce.