Try this quick ‘n tasty lazy-weeknight lasagna. Your taste buds won't be disappointed—thanks to all those cheesy layers.
- 450 g (1 lb.) lean ground beef
- 1 L (4 cups) pasta sauce
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 500 mL (16 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 125 mL (½ cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) water
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cook the meat in a large frying pan until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, add the pasta sauce and fresh basil, and heat through.
- Combine the Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese, Sealtest 14% Sour Cream, egg, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Using a 32.5 x 23-cm (9 x 13-in.) pan, put 250 mL (1 cup) of the meat sauce on the bottom, then 3 lasagna noodles, one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, and another 250 mL (1 cup) of the meat sauce.
- Repeat the layers two more times. Top with last 3 noodles, the last of the meat sauce and the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let it stand for 10–15 minutes before serving.
The lasagna can be prepared the day before. Simply decrease the water content to 125 mL (½ cup). After allowing it to cool, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight. Vegetables such as mushrooms, onions and peppers can be cooked with the beef and added to the sauce.