Curried Chicken Pitas. This easy, refreshing dish is perfect for summer evenings—with an exotic touch.
- 750 mL (3 cups) chicken, cooked and diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) seedless red grapes, halved
- 125 mL (½ cup) green pepper, chopped
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 125 mL (½ cup) Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese
- 125 mL (½ cup) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 x 15-cm (6-in.) pita bread with pockets
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, peppers, celery and green onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese, Sealtest 14 % Sour Cream, curry, salt and pepper, and then add to the chicken mixture. Mix well.
- Cut the pita bread in half and open the pouches. Stuff each pouch with a lettuce leaf and ⅛ of the chicken mixture.
Try it on buns, bread or in a wrap. Try replacing the chicken with turkey, ham or smoked chicken.