This chicken and fruit salad recipe offer the perfect combination of sweet and sour for your summer lunches.
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked diced chicken
- 1 (10 oz/284 mL) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sliced celery
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- ¼ cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- ½ tsp (2 mL) grated fresh ginger
- In a large bowl combine chicken, mandarins, pineapple, celery, grapes and green onion.
- In a small bowl blend sour cream, mayonnaise and ginger mixing until smooth. Add to chicken mixture. Toss gently to thoroughly mix. Chill until serving.
Replace fresh ginger with dried ginger. Replace mandarins with fresh orange sections.