This chicken and fruit salad offers the perfect combination of sweet and sour for your summer lunches.
- 750 mL (3 cups) chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 x 284-mL (10-oz.) can of mandarin orange segments, drained
- 250 mL (1 cup) pineapple chunks
- 180 mL (¾ cup) sliced celery
- 180 mL (¾ cup) seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 180 mL (¾ cup) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) mayonnaise
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) fresh ginger, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mandarins, pineapple, celery, grapes and green onion.
- In a small bowl, blend the Sealtest 14% Sour Cream, mayonnaise and ginger, mixing until smooth. Add to the chicken mixture.
- Toss gently together to thoroughly mix. Chill until ready to serve.
Try replacing the fresh ginger with dried ginger. Try replacing the mandarins with fresh orange sections.