A cheesy, indulgent country cottage cheese potato casserole. Loaded with Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese and velvety Sealtest 14% Sour Cream—this beats standard baked potatoes any day!
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 375 mL (1½ cups) Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dried rosemary
- 250 mL (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling, salted water until almost tender (about 5 minutes). Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, Sealtest 2% Cottage Cheese, Sealtest 14% Sour Cream, parsley and rosemary. Mix well, and then stir in the potatoes. Transfer the mixture into a buttered 33 x 23-cm (13 x 9-in.) baking dish. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Prepare ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bake for 10 minutes longer than directed above, and then serve. Try replacing the cheddar with Swiss cheese.