- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) Natrel Butter, cold
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125 mL) Sealtest 14% Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and orange zest. Stir to blend. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and sour cream together until smooth. Add to flour mixture, mixing until dough clumps together. Use your hands to press dough together against the bowl to form a ball.
- Pat into a 7” (18 cm) circle, about 3/4 “ (2 cm) thick.
- Cut circle into 8 wedges. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool 5 minutes then serve warm or at room temperature.
For an attractive finish, sprinkle dough with a little sugar before baking. Replace cranberries with raisins, chopped dates, apricots or dried cherries. Replace orange zest with lemon.