A fluffy, easy-to-make lemon loaf with a sweet glaze.
- 375 mL (1½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 8.5 mL (1¾ tsp) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Natrel Butter, softened
- 250 mL (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon zest, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) Sealtest 2% Milk
- 60 mL (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar in mixing bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add the eggs, beating until light.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the Sealtest 2% Milk to the creamed mixture, blending well after each addition. Spread the batter in a greased 1.5-L (8½ x 4½-in.) loaf pan.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave in the pan and glaze immediately.
- Heat the sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan (or microwave), stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Pierce the top of the loaf with a fork. Brush the glaze over the top of the hot loaf. Let it cool on a rack for 15 minutes, and then remove from the pan. Allow it to cool completely.