- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp (8 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Natrel Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) Sealtest Milk
- ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl with electric mixer until blended. Add eggs beating until light.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture, blending well after each addition. Spread batter in greased 8 ½” x 4 ½ “ (1.5 L) loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Leave in pan and glaze immediately.
- Heat sugar and lemon juice in small saucepan or microwave stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pierce top of loaf with a fork. Brush glaze over top of hot loaf. Let cool on rack 15 minutes then remove from pan. Cool completely.