- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- ½ cup (125 mL) cold Natrel Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Sealtest Buttermilk
- 2 cups (500 mL) each blueberries and sliced strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cups (375 mL) Sealtest 35% Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Combine first 6 dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles crumbs. Add buttermilk, stirring until moistened. Spread dough in greased 8” (20 cm) square pan.
- Bake for 17 to 23 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Combine berries and maple syrup.
- Whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Cut cake into 6 rectangles. Cut each in half horizontally. Spoon berries on bottom cake pieces. Top with a spoonful of whipped cream. Place cake tops over cream. Add more berries and cream on top.